Skip to main content

My story for Chetan Bhagat

Write India campaign for Chetan Bhagat ended on 30th of August. So the time for sending the stories to TOI are over now( Not Literally, Check this post for more information). Also the results for the preface of Amish are out. As you know that I am not a very good writer, therefore I was not able to get my name into the winning 3's(Hahahaha). The stories of the winners are going to be in the book which is the part of this campaign.

I would love to read that book when it is out.

But I will not loose my hope and keep trying till the competition ends. It does not cost anything whether I win or not as I have this blog to share my stories with my readers. I will keep posting my stories here and keep asking my readers to tell me what is the area in which I need to improve. Finally I am going to end up in a better condition. Similarly all the other guys who are willing to post their stories up on this blog can improve too.

Let me tell you how?

All of the guys who want to post on this blog can comment in the comment section or either contact me by dropping a mail directly to my mail box at ranvir.singh1114@gmail.com. We will share your story at this blog and the readers of this family will decide about the areas in which you need to improve.

In the month of August I was busy in writing a story for the writer Mr. Chetan Bhagat which went into vain due to some problem in my internet connection and I was not able to send this story to Write India campaign team. But no worries, as I said that I can post stories on this blog whenever I want, and can ask my readers about the story.

So I am here with the story that I was not able to send for the campaign. I wrote the story on the basis of the preface provided to me by Chetan Bhagat.

You can also read the story that I sent to Amish by clicking here.

After reading the story I want my readers to answer the question :-

1. How was the story?
2. Please describe the areas in which I need to improve the most?
3. Was it a winning material or not and if not how far away am I from reaching up to that level? 





Also I would like you give a suitable heading to the story on your own. Please drop that name in the comments and I will use it as a header with your name on my blog.




'Mankind is the best religion to follow. If you are following it and doing it clearly and consider no religious bound then you are going in a right way. And trust me these are not the views of mine these are the views of all the gods that we follow.

You can look for the life history of all the gods that we follow they always did something new and push us toward the mankind. Their true aim was to preach mankind as far as they can. But today, so called religion gurus are taking advantage of the situations. They are trying to drag us apart in the name of the religion.

Today we stand here to provide our gratitude to the people who fell in a religious clash of Hindus and Muslim for an issue in the state of Jammu and Kashmir. Many people also got injured in the attack and many lost their home in this outbreak. We stand with all the people who are left behind and suffering some loss of some family member or met some accident in the situation.

We here spend the large part of our day and try to learn as much that we can. So today we make a promise to our self that we will never indulge ourselves in such a activity and try to bring peace whenever we can in my mother India.'

Kritika Desai finished her speech in the morning assembly of the biggest school in the city called 'Drishnarayan Public School' in Pune. She being the principal of the school was speaking on the occasion to provide condolences toward the people who have died in a widespread clash between religious communities in J & K.

Kritika Desai is a great personality. She started the school from scratch with a batch of just 100 students in 5 classrooms and now, 10 years after the start she is having more than 20K students and more than 2K students are added every year. The school is providing many courses along with some vocational which help the students to grow in a specific area in which he/she want to persue his/her career. Most of the students who had studed in this school are now pursuing their career as the greatest people in the society.

Students felt great after listening to the words of Kritika. The national anthem was sung after her speech and then every student went back to their classes one by one as Kritika watch them going back. After everyone had gone she went back to take her in her cabin situated near the south of the school.

Kritika was having two daughters. One of which was studying in 11th standard and younger one was studying in 7th standard. She was living alone for more than 10 years now. Her husband died when her younger daughter was very young. He was trying to bring a new school in the town which was not interested in the money but was established to provide good knowledge to become successful in the future. He died while work was going on in the school because of a fatal car accident. From that day onward it became the mission of her life that she will bring up the school and make her husband's dream come true and dedicate it to him.

As the short hand of the clock struck ten she went out of the school. This was very unusual as she never went out of the school before 4 p.m. She asked the driver to stay and went out alone.

At 2 p.m. she was sitting in a restaurant and was waiting for someone. The blue scarf that she used to place around the neck was placed upon the table. She ordered a coffee and raised the scarf to some extend and saw a knife with the stains of blood on it. She placed the scarf again properly on the knife so that nobody could see it. She was also sitting at the last table so that nobody should recognize her. The traces of fear could be seen on her face. She was thinking about the reasons that pushed her to do such thing.

A man in late forties entered the front gate of the restaurant. He was wearing a white shirt and formal blue pants along with formal shoes. The man had good physique for a person of his age and was having a good height. He went inside the restaurant and looked here and there to find someone. He saw a Lady sitting at the end of the hall. She was looking down and was thinking about something when her thinking process was stopped by the interruption of this man.

"Hey mam, what are you doing here and why have you called me here?" He asked the lady.

"Don't call me mam Rajnish. You are my only best friend. You are with me from the starting. We were together in the school and now too we are at the same position after so many years. You are the only person who can be trusted and I could share everything with you." Kritika said to Rajnish.

"Yes, Kritika you can trust me. Say whatever you want to say and tell me why have you called me to this place?" Rajnish asked Kritika.

"Today I have called you to tell a story. A story that will give you all the answers that you are asking at the moment and after listening to it you have to tell me whether the things I had done were right or wrong." Kritika said to Rajnish

10 days ago I woke up early in the morning then my usual wakeup time as I had a very good night sleep as the day before was Sunday. I went out to do some yoga in out to catch some fresh air. I came back inside from the garden at six. Till then both of my daughters were up and were getting ready for the school. I too got busy in preparing the breakfast and lunch boxes for both of them and off course for me too.

At seven they were ready and I had completed my work too. They got to the dining table and I came out with their breakfast. I went inside my room to get ready for the school too. Both of my daughters used to go by the bus so they have to get ready by 7:30 and I have to go by 8. So i used to get that extra half an hour that was enough for me to get ready. I ate my breakfast and was ready until 8. I closed the door and I went to the garage to take the car. I started travelling toward the school and I had travelled the half of the distance then I found that I had left my document file in my home. It was very important for me so I turned back to get it. I reached my house in no time. I parked my car on the other side of the road so that I could get it quickly.

I went inside and went straight to the place where I had kept it. I took it and reached the door and opened it up. I was checking my phone in my purse that was hanged to my left shoulder. Suddenly I struck something and went down. I raised my eyesight up to see a man standing watching straight into my eyes.

The thing that I watched in the moment made me immovable for almost quite a sometime. I was lying down I used my whole force to stand up but was unable to do it. I open my mouth to say something but I felt that there was an element that was stopping me from speaking. All my senses were lost for a moment. I fought my senses for some time but finally I fainted.

I woke up after sometime when someone threw some water to my face. I was lying on the sofa inside my house. He came out from inside and brought some water in his hand. I got up of the sofa and went away from him and starred him for some minutes when finally he started to speak.

'I know you have many question in your mind but please drink this water and then I will tell you everything.' He said to me.

I went forward and slapped him right at his face. His face turned by some angle and he kept it there for a moment and finally he begun to start his story but before he could start I moved toward my room. I felt him coming toward me. I turned to hit him again but he escaped my hands and held me in his strong arms. I was not able to move myself even an inch. I was trying to scream but he put his hand on my mouth.

'I am going to tell you everything, but first you have to calm yourself. Every question that is in your mind will be answered if you calm yourself down. Please I am here to face. I had big problem that was holding me from coming back to you.'

As I wasn't able to move so I felt that it would be better to stop moving and once he leaves me then I will run away. I stopped and he left me. But despite of running away I said just one thing,

‘I don't want to listen to anything you have to say.'

 Although I wanted to know the reasons why he was not there for all the days when my daughters cried for him. All those birthdays that he missed. But now I did not wanted him to come back and be the part of our life again.

He again came closer to me and picked me up with all his power with one hand on my mouth. He took me to my bedroom and threw me harshly onto my bed. I was not sure what was he going to do next. I was shocked so I never thought of screaming. He went out and came back and was holding a thin but long rope in his hand.

'I don't mean to hurt you but I have to do it as I want you to explain everything.' He said to me.

In a minute he had finished tying me up and now he looked straight to me put some cloth in my mouth so I could not shout. As soon he put it inside the shouting thing came to my mind but it was too late. I was not able to bring even a single word alive out of my mouth. I began to move around like a fish does without her soul mate water.

Don't worry everything is going to be fine. Now I will try to answer every question that you have in your mind. Let us think first what you would ask for first. May be you will think that how am I still alive. But I am not going to answer that I am going to tell you a story, not just a story it’s my story. The story of your husband Mr. Sandeep Desai.

You know when I died I was trying to build a school, a school with a name of Hindu guru Named Drishnarayan. The land on which I was building the school belonged to a Muslim man. I brought the land with my friend. He was also Muslim. The person who sold us the land met my friend and said something to him that made his mind changed and now he wanted to name the school according to him. I said no to it as I had promised my mother the school that I will open will have that name. But I was not able to say anything as he was investing all the money.

This was the time when I went to nearly temple. There I met a person. He showed me a way that opened my eyes. He told me all the things about the Muslim people who had created all the rituals opposite to us and they always try to prove themselves more powerful than us. They must be removed from this world to make this world peaceful. So I went back to my old friend and told him that I won't be changing the name.

He removed my name from the second owner of the school's land and said that we will find someone else for that. I was destroyed by the way he laughed at me in front of all those people. He never thought for a second that I was his friend. I went back to the temple and I again met my new friend. I planned a mission with him to kill both of them one being my friend and other being the land owner.

The god was also with us as he had not submitted the application to remove my name from owner of the land and he needed the land earlier owner to complete this task so both of them were going to the land acquiring office together in my friend's car. I planned a full proof plan to kill them while they going under the bridge. Everything went great both of them died and it looked like an accident. Nobody had thought that it could have done with such accuracy.

My new friend liked my work and asked me to come with him to work for a great cause that was to free the world from these Muslims. I wanted to go with them but told him that I have a family to look after.

'Your family will be taken care of.' He said to me and without saying anything else he hit with a long rod on my head.

The next thing I remember as me being somewhere in hills with large number of people like me all around. I was told that it was a school. We had classes in which they taught us various skills like the way to talk and how to make people turn their backs on their family members and kill them if they stop you from working for the great cause.

That is all I have to say. I hope I had answered all your questions so I will be opening you. Please be calm.'

He began to untie me. I stayed still. I knew I have to stay fully normal. I smiled to him and asked him to lie down on to the bed and came out to bring something to eat for him. I was sure that he had turned into a terrorist and he needs to be killed.

I was thinking about the ways in which I could kill him. I took two bread slices in a plate and with some tomato sauce in the side of the slices. I held the plate with my left hand and picked up a knife with my right hand and hid it behind me. I went straight into the room without making any noise. I saw him from a distance he was lying on the bed with his eyes closed. I softly put the dish in my hand on the shelf and went ahead to reach by the side of the man with the terrorist thinking. The man who followed the opposite things from the once I used to preach in my school.

I took the knife and place it some distance above his heart. My left hand went with my right hand and now I was holding the knife with both my hands. I put some force into my hands and got some head start by pushing myself back and then put it straight where it needed to be.

She started crying after saying all this.

“Now you have to tell this story to my daughters too and keep them under your protection. I am goi……” As she said this she dropped down from her chair and lie still on the restaurant floor. Sandeep now knew that what had happened to her. Why she have called him here.

Kritika’s body was cremated 3 days later with news flashing on the television screens saying the bad situation in J&K had come to an end. Sandeep was very happy with that news. He went to the daughters and told them that her mother was a good lady….  


Please leave your comments and give your views about the Story cum blog post. In the basics of the blogging I am going to bring something that all readers are going to like. If you want to get notified about the post as soon as the post is in the air then you must subscribe to the blog.

If you have another blog then you can share it with us in the comments section. 

Comments

  1. [ Smiles ] Most interesting! This would be out in a book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Renard,
      Thank you for thinking so positively, But let me tell you that this story is not going to be the part of the book. The stories which won the competition will be in the book.
      BTW Thanks for stopping by please keep visiting and keep commenting.

      Delete
  2. [ Smiles ] Oh, thank you for clearing that up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad that you decided to not give up writing but have decided to keep on going by sharing some of your stories here! The more you practice at it, the better you will get. You're one step closer all the time :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Olivia, I too believe that practice makes a man perfect. The more you do it the more better you become..... I will keep working in the direction.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Hey Rahul,
      I hope with those smiles, you mean that you liked it. So, Thanks for liking and keep visiting...

      Delete
  5. Hey ! I liked the story. However, I think it could have been more crisp and to the point. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Srinidhi, Thanks for the comment.
      I will always keep that in mind and try to be more specific while writing my stories...
      Thank you very much.. And keep commenting

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Preface of write India campaign by Ashwin Sanghi

Starting of another month and coming of new writer for you. That is the main rule of Write India campaign. So, who is this time... Yes you are write its the most leading writer of India Mr. Ashwin Sanghi So, Ashwin Sanghi's preface is live for you on write India campaign's website. Lots of stories have been written for Mr. Chetan Bhagat as the competition went to its second month in the month of August. But hey, that is the story of last month and we never think about the past. We are the people who love to stay in the present, Aren't we.  So, let us talk about the present. Let us talk about the current writer who is on the board and is ready with his preface for you to write stories for him and let us write with a believe that we are going to win this time.  By the way their is no bad in reading the past as it is better to see what happened earlier and then come up with a new strategy for yourself so you can learn from the mistakes of others. So here I am l

140 Character : No More Limit

Is Twitter really removing the 140 character limit.           Hopefully Twitter is really going to remove this hurdle in front of there users by removing the 140 character limit in June at least from the private messages but limit for the tweet is going to stay as it is.          According to a website  seventeen.com  the new limit is going to be set upon 10000 characters.  The set up is taking place and is going to be out and ready to be use in July. Why the 140 character limit was there?           In the early years when twitter was not in the picture and was not yet started some undergraduates thought of starting a SMS service which then grew  into today's Twitter. As the SMS do have constraints about the number of characters Twitter came out with having a 140 character limits. Why no limit now?           Twitter had removed the limit now to keep up with there competitors like Whats App and Face Book. Both of them have no limits on number of chara